Please Make A Donation


Lighthouses Resources
Online Store Contact Us Home
Duluth Buoy Depot Ashland Breakwater Pointe aux Pins Front Range

Visit our Gift Shop in Mackinaw City at 707 N. Huron Ave. - Right across the street from Old Mackinac Point Lighthouse

Contact:  Tel 231-436-5580    Fax 231-436-5466  Mail  PO Box 219, Mackinaw City, MI 49701  Email  info@gllka.com

#top Back (history)

Bayfield

Back (history)

Hover over a map marker to see the name of the light and click the marker to open a window containing additional information

Open to the public

Not open to the public

Marquette

Ontonagon

L’Anse

Thunder

Bay

Brimley

Duluth

Superior

Grand Marais

Duluth South Breakwater Outer Angus Island Rock of Ages Fourteen Mile Point Pie Island Grand Marais Split Rock Two Harbo Duluth North Pier Minnesota Point Superior Entry Raspebbry Island Devils Island Outer Island Michigan Island (old) Chequamegon Point Ontonagon Ontonagon West Pierhead Lapointe Michigan Island (new) Sand ISland Duluth South Breakwater Inner Two Harbors Breakwater Welcome Island Battle Island Lamb Island Shaganash (Isdland 10) Porphyry Point Thunder Bay Main Trowbridge Island Passage Island Rock Harbor Isle Royale Keweenaw Waterway Upper Entrance Sand Hills Eagle River Eagle Harbor Eagle Harbor Rear Range Copper Harbor Rear Range Copper Habor Gull Rock Mendota Portage River Sand Point Big Bay Huron Island Keweenaw Lower Entry Caribou Island Michipicoten Island Otter Island The Slates Manitou Stannard Rock Grand Marais Rear Range Grand Marais Front Range Au Sable Point Grand Island North Grand Island Harbor Munising Front Range Munsing Rear Range Grand Island Rear Range Marquette Harbor Presque Isle Breakwater Granite Island Marquette Breakwater Davieaux Island Point Iroquois Gros Cap Reef Ile Parisienne Corbeil Point Coppermine Point Whitefish Point Crisp Point

Point Iroquois

Part of Hiawatha National Forest, the 1870 lighthouse is open for tours 7 days a week May 15 through October 15, Sat & Sun in winter. Take West Lakeshore Drive out of Bay Mills.

Learn More

Sand Point

(Escanaba)

The 1867 lighthouse has been restored by the Delta County Historical Society and is open for tours Memorial Day through Labor Day.

Learn More

Whitefish Point

This 1861 light station and associated shipwreck museum are preserved by the Great Lakes Shipwreck Society and open from May 1 through October 31.Take North Whitefish Point north out of Paradise.

Learn More

Sand Point

(Escanaba)

The 1867 lighthouse has been restored by the Delta County Historical Society and is open for tours Memorial Day through Labor Day.

Learn More

Crisp Point

The 1904 lighthouse is owned by the Crisp Point Light Historical Society, and volunteers open the tower to the public throughout the summer. Follow lighthouse signs from M123. Download complete driving directions from their website by clicking on the button below.  

Learn More

Sand Point

(Escanaba)

The 1867 lighthouse has been restored by the Delta County Historical Society and is open for tours Memorial Day through Labor Day.

Learn More

Grand Marais Rear

Located on the inner end of the pier, the lighthouse is still Coast Guard property and not opens to the public. The old keepers dwelling is an excellent museum, call 906-494-2404 for info

Learn More

Sand Point

(Escanaba)

The 1867 lighthouse has been restored by the Delta County Historical Society and is open for tours Memorial Day through Labor Day.

Learn More

Grand Marais Front

Built in 1895 to guide mariners into the harbor of refuge. Owned by the US Coast Guard and not open to the public. Take Canal St. to its NE end and walk out the pier to the lighthouse.

Learn More

Sand Point

(Escanaba)

The 1867 lighthouse has been restored by the Delta County Historical Society and is open for tours Memorial Day through Labor Day.

Learn More

Au Sable Point

As part of Pictured Rocks National Park, the 1874 light station is open for tours throughout the summer. Located a 1½ mile walk from the Hurricane River campground. Call 906-387-3700 for info.

Learn More

Sand Point

(Escanaba)

The 1867 lighthouse has been restored by the Delta County Historical Society and is open for tours Memorial Day through Labor Day.

Learn More

Grand Island

Built in 1867 to replace a deteriorating 1856 structure, the lighthouse is now privately owned and can only be seen from the air or by private boat from the water.

Learn More

Sand Point

(Escanaba)

The 1867 lighthouse has been restored by the Delta County Historical Society and is open for tours Memorial Day through Labor Day.

Learn More

Grand Island Harbor

Erected in 1868, the lighthouse is privately owned and is not open to the public. It can be seen from the north end of Sand Point Rd or on the Pictured Rocks boats. 800-650-2379 for info

Learn More

Sand Point

(Escanaba)

The 1867 lighthouse has been restored by the Delta County Historical Society and is open for tours Memorial Day through Labor Day.

Learn More

Munising Front Range

Built in 1908, the lighthouse is owned by the Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore and is not open to the public. Good views can be had from M28 or from the parking lot behind the tower.

Learn More

Sand Point

(Escanaba)

The 1867 lighthouse has been restored by the Delta County Historical Society and is open for tours Memorial Day through Labor Day.

Learn More

Munising Rear Range

Built in 1908 the lighthouse is owned by the Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore and is not open to the public. Located on the hill at the south end of Hemlock street

Learn More

Sand Point

(Escanaba)

The 1867 lighthouse has been restored by the Delta County Historical Society and is open for tours Memorial Day through Labor Day.

Learn More

Grand Island Rear Range

- Erected in 1914, the lighthouse is now owned by Hiawatha National Forest and is not open to the public. Pull off the south side of the M28 ½ mile east of Christmas and walk to the lighthouse.

Learn More

Sand Point

(Escanaba)

The 1867 lighthouse has been restored by the Delta County Historical Society and is open for tours Memorial Day through Labor Day.

Learn More

Marquette Harbor

Built in 1853 and modified many times over the years. The Marquette Maritime Museum offers tours mid May through October - (906) 226-2006

Learn More

Sand Point

(Escanaba)

The 1867 lighthouse has been restored by the Delta County Historical Society and is open for tours Memorial Day through Labor Day.

Learn More

Marquette

Breakwater

The first light on the breakwater was erected in 1876. The structure was swept off the breakwater on a number of occasions and in 1914 the breakwater was rebuilt of concrete with a tunnel within for keeper access. The entry into the tunnel is still visible at both ends of the breakwater.

Learn More

Sand Point

(Escanaba)

The 1867 lighthouse has been restored by the Delta County Historical Society and is open for tours Memorial Day through Labor Day.

Learn More

Presque Isle Breakwater


104 Presque Isle Harbor Breakwater - Owned and operated as an active aid to navigation by the US Coast Guard. Access the foot of the breakwater from just inside Presque Isle Park.


Learn More

Sand Point

(Escanaba)

The 1867 lighthouse has been restored by the Delta County Historical Society and is open for tours Memorial Day through Labor Day.

Learn More

Granite Island

Built in 1868 & privately owned since 2000. View from water by private or charter boat.

Learn More

Sand Point

(Escanaba)

The 1867 lighthouse has been restored by the Delta County Historical Society and is open for tours Memorial Day through Labor Day.

Learn More

Stannard Rock

Completed 1883, this furthest from land of any in the US. Owned and operated as an active aid to navigation by the US Coast Guard, views are only available by private or charter boat.

Learn More

Sand Point

(Escanaba)

The 1867 lighthouse has been restored by the Delta County Historical Society and is open for tours Memorial Day through Labor Day.

Learn More

Big Bay

Built 1896, now serves as an all-season bed and breakfast Inn. Tours at 1:00 & 2:00 PM Tue, Thu & Sun, May through Sept

Learn More

Sand Point

(Escanaba)

The 1867 lighthouse has been restored by the Delta County Historical Society and is open for tours Memorial Day through Labor Day.

Learn More

Huron Island

- Established 1868, now part of Federal Huron Islands Wilderness Area. Lighthouse closed to public. Island access by private or charter boat only.

Learn More

Sand Point

(Escanaba)

The 1867 lighthouse has been restored by the Delta County Historical Society and is open for tours Memorial Day through Labor Day.

Learn More

Sand Point

Built in 1878, now part of Ojibwa reservation camp ground. Lighthouse closed to public but campground open for visitation and offers close up view of the lighthouse.

Learn More

Sand Point

(Escanaba)

The 1867 lighthouse has been restored by the Delta County Historical Society and is open for tours Memorial Day through Labor Day.

Learn More

Keweenaw Lower Entrance

Built in 1920, lighthouse owned and operated by the US Coast Guard, and closed to the public. Access the breakwater from White City Park.

Learn More

Sand Point

(Escanaba)

The 1867 lighthouse has been restored by the Delta County Historical Society and is open for tours Memorial Day through Labor Day.

Learn More

Portage River

Built in 1856, the lighthouse now serves as the all season Jacobsville Lighthouse Bed & Breakfast Inn. The grounds and lighthouse are open for tours by appointment. Call: 906-523-4137

Learn More

Sand Point

(Escanaba)

The 1867 lighthouse has been restored by the Delta County Historical Society and is open for tours Memorial Day through Labor Day.

Learn More

Mendota

Built in 1895, the lighthouse is now privately owned and not accessible to the public. View from across the channel at the south end of Bete Gris Road

Learn More

Sand Point

(Escanaba)

The 1867 lighthouse has been restored by the Delta County Historical Society and is open for tours Memorial Day through Labor Day.

Learn More

Gull Rock

Built in 1867, the lighthouse is now under restoration by Gull Rock Light Keepers. Not open to the public, view from private or charter boat only

Learn More

Sand Point

(Escanaba)

The 1867 lighthouse has been restored by the Delta County Historical Society and is open for tours Memorial Day through Labor Day.

Learn More

Copper Harbor

The 1861 lighthouse is owned and operated by the State of Michigan with boat tours leaving Copper Harbor Marina Memorial Day through mid October

Learn More

Sand Point

(Escanaba)

The 1867 lighthouse has been restored by the Delta County Historical Society and is open for tours Memorial Day through Labor Day.

Learn More

Manitou

Built in 1861 to replace a decaying 1849 structure. Owned by the Keweenaw Land Trust, the lighthouse is closed to public. Access by private or charter boat only.

Learn More

Sand Point

(Escanaba)

The 1867 lighthouse has been restored by the Delta County Historical Society and is open for tours Memorial Day through Labor Day.

Learn More

Copper Harbor Rear

Built in 1869, the buildings are now part of Fort Wilkins State Park and closed to the public. View from the road near the entrance to Fort Wilkins.

Learn More

Sand Point

(Escanaba)

The 1867 lighthouse has been restored by the Delta County Historical Society and is open for tours Memorial Day through Labor Day.

Learn More

Eagle Harbor Rear

Built in 1877, all original buildings except the oil storage building were removed in 1932. The original rear range lighthouse is now a private home on US 41 west of the existing range lights.

Learn More

Sand Point

(Escanaba)

The 1867 lighthouse has been restored by the Delta County Historical Society and is open for tours Memorial Day through Labor Day.

Learn More

Eagle Harbor

- Built in 1871, the lighthouse has been restored by the Keweenaw Historical Society and is open for tours from mid June through early October

Learn More

Sand Point

(Escanaba)

The 1867 lighthouse has been restored by the Delta County Historical Society and is open for tours Memorial Day through Labor Day.

Learn More

Eagle River

- Built in 1857, the lighthouse is now privately owned and is not open to the public. Views of the lighthouse can be obtained from the lake end of West Main Street.

Learn More

Sand Point

(Escanaba)

The 1867 lighthouse has been restored by the Delta County Historical Society and is open for tours Memorial Day through Labor Day.

Learn More

Sand Hills

Built in 1919, the lighthouse is now operated as an all season bed and breakfast inn. Guided tours available in the afternoon

Learn More

Sand Point

(Escanaba)

The 1867 lighthouse has been restored by the Delta County Historical Society and is open for tours Memorial Day through Labor Day.

Learn More

Keweenaw Waterway

Erected in 1950 to replace earlier structures, the site is owned and operated by the US Coast Guard, and closed to the public. View from McClain State Park or the end of Houghton Canal Rd.

Learn More

Sand Point

(Escanaba)

The 1867 lighthouse has been restored by the Delta County Historical Society and is open for tours Memorial Day through Labor Day.

Learn More

Fourteen Mile Point

Built as a Coast light in 1894, the lighthouse was irreparably burned by vandals in 1984. Privately owned and inaccessible, views are only available from private or charter boat only.

Learn More

Sand Point

(Escanaba)

The 1867 lighthouse has been restored by the Delta County Historical Society and is open for tours Memorial Day through Labor Day.

Learn More

Ontonagon Pierhead

Built in 1900 to replace an earlier structure which washed off the pier, the lighthouse owned by the US Coast Guard and not open to the public. Can be viewed from the north end of Trap St.

Learn More

Sand Point

(Escanaba)

The 1867 lighthouse has been restored by the Delta County Historical Society and is open for tours Memorial Day through Labor Day.

Learn More

Ontonagon

The 1867 lighthouse is owned by the Ontonagon County Historical Society. Guided tours leave the Museum at 422 River St. Mon-Sat at 11, 1:30 and 3:30 in summer

Learn More

Sand Point

(Escanaba)

The 1867 lighthouse has been restored by the Delta County Historical Society and is open for tours Memorial Day through Labor Day.

Learn More

Chequamegon Point

Built in 1897 to replace the old 1858 lighthouse, this typical pierhead beacon was replaced by a cylindrical tower in the 1980’s. Now part of the Apostle Islands National Park, view are only available from a private boat or charter boat out of Ashland.

Learn More

Sand Point

(Escanaba)

The 1867 lighthouse has been restored by the Delta County Historical Society and is open for tours Memorial Day through Labor Day.

Learn More

Lapointe

The first lighthouse was built on Long Point in 1858. In 1897 this skeletal tower and a fog signal were erected, and the old lighthouse converted into a dwelling. Now part of the Apostle Islands National Park, views are only available from a private boat or charter boat out of Ashland.

Learn More

Sand Point

(Escanaba)

The 1867 lighthouse has been restored by the Delta County Historical Society and is open for tours Memorial Day through Labor Day.

Learn More

Michigan Island

(old)

Built in 1857, the lighthouse was not illuminated until 1868. Now part of the Apostle Islands National Park, the lighthouse is open to the public but access is only available from a private or charter boat from Bayfield or Ashland.

Learn More

Sand Point

(Escanaba)

The 1867 lighthouse has been restored by the Delta County Historical Society and is open for tours Memorial Day through Labor Day.

Learn More

Michigan Island

(new)

Originally located on Schooner Ledge in the Delaware River, this tower was erected in 1928 to increase the visibility of the station. Now part of the Apostle Islands National Park, the lighthouse is open to the public but access is available to private or charter boat from Bayfield or Ashland.

Learn More

Sand Point

(Escanaba)

The 1867 lighthouse has been restored by the Delta County Historical Society and is open for tours Memorial Day through Labor Day.

Learn More

Outer Island

Established in 1874, this is one of four original "Poe towers" built on the western lakes. Now part of the Apostle Islands National Park and is open to the public but is only accessible from a private or charter boat from Bayfield or Ashland.

Learn More

Sand Point

(Escanaba)

The 1867 lighthouse has been restored by the Delta County Historical Society and is open for tours Memorial Day through Labor Day.

Learn More

Devils Island

Its light originally exhibited from a temporary timber frame structure in 1891, the current steel tower was erected in 1901 Now part of the Apostle Islands National Park and is open to the public but is only accessible from a private or charter boat from Bayfield or Ashland.

Learn More

Sand Point

(Escanaba)

The 1867 lighthouse has been restored by the Delta County Historical Society and is open for tours Memorial Day through Labor Day.

Learn More

Raspberry Island

Built in 1863 and extensively enlarged and modified in 1907. Now part of the Apostle Islands National Park, this lighthouse is fully restored and accessible to the public by daily boats departing from the Bayfield Marina.

Learn More

Sand Point

(Escanaba)

The 1867 lighthouse has been restored by the Delta County Historical Society and is open for tours Memorial Day through Labor Day.

Learn More

Sand Island

Established in 1881, this "Norman Gothic" structure was one of a number built around the western lakes. Now part of the Apostle Islands National Park, the lighthouse is open to the public but only accessible from a private or charter boat from Bayfield or Ashland.

Learn More

Sand Point

(Escanaba)

The 1867 lighthouse has been restored by the Delta County Historical Society and is open for tours Memorial Day through Labor Day.

Learn More

Superior Entry

Also known as "Wisconsin Point," the station was established in 1882, with the current structure erected in 1913. Located at the northern tip of Wisconsin Point, it is a challenging walk atop the rocks of the breakwater to the lighthouse.

Learn More

Sand Point

(Escanaba)

The 1867 lighthouse has been restored by the Delta County Historical Society and is open for tours Memorial Day through Labor Day.

Learn More

Minnesota Point

Established in 1858 and abandoned in 1885, only a stub of the tower remains. You can reach the lighthouse from Duluth by driving 4 miles our S. Lake Ave. to the airport and then walking the two mile trail to the ruins.

Learn More

Sand Point

(Escanaba)

The 1867 lighthouse has been restored by the Delta County Historical Society and is open for tours Memorial Day through Labor Day.

Learn More

Duluth North Pier

Established in 1910, the raised platform on which the lighthouse is located is considered the prime boat watching spot in Canal Park. Getting to the lighthouse is an easy walk in nice weather, but extremely dangerous during storms.

Learn More

Sand Point

(Escanaba)

The 1867 lighthouse has been restored by the Delta County Historical Society and is open for tours Memorial Day through Labor Day.

Learn More

Duluth South

Breakwater Outer

A light was established on Duluth's South Breakwater in 1874 and replaced by the current structure in 1901. Walking out the breakwater to watch ships passing through the canal is a popular attraction throughout the year.   

Learn More

Sand Point

(Escanaba)

The 1867 lighthouse has been restored by the Delta County Historical Society and is open for tours Memorial Day through Labor Day.

Learn More

Duluth South

Breakwater Inner

Originally a tall timber tower built in 1889 to range with the South Breakwater light, the present structure was established in 1901. The pier is open to the public so you can easily walk right up to this lighthouse.

Learn More

Sand Point

(Escanaba)

The 1867 lighthouse has been restored by the Delta County Historical Society and is open for tours Memorial Day through Labor Day.

Learn More

Two Harbors

Built in 1892 to serve the ore docks in the harbor, the lighthouse is now owned by the Two Harbors Historical Society, and operates as a Bed & Breakfast Inn. The grounds, gift shop and historic displays are open throughout the summer.

Learn More

Sand Point

(Escanaba)

The 1867 lighthouse has been restored by the Delta County Historical Society and is open for tours Memorial Day through Labor Day.

Learn More

Two Harbors

Breakwater

Established in 1897 to mark the end of the protective breakwater. You can walk out the concrete breakwater to the light, which serves as a popular place to watch the sunset on warm summer evenings.

Learn More

Sand Point

(Escanaba)

The 1867 lighthouse has been restored by the Delta County Historical Society and is open for tours Memorial Day through Labor Day.

Learn More

Split Rock

Built with great difficulty in 1910 to serve mariners making their way along Superior's North Shore, the lighthouse is beautifully restored and open to the public from May 1 through late October.

Learn More

Sand Point

(Escanaba)

The 1867 lighthouse has been restored by the Delta County Historical Society and is open for tours Memorial Day through Labor Day.

Learn More

Grand Marais

Built to mark the outer end of the harbor of refuge breakwater in 1886, the lighthouse is still owned by the Coast Guard. You can walk the concrete breakwater to get close to the lighthouse.  

Learn More

Sand Point

(Escanaba)

The 1867 lighthouse has been restored by the Delta County Historical Society and is open for tours Memorial Day through Labor Day.

Learn More

Rock of Ages

Built to mark the outer end of the harbor of refuge breakwater in 1886, the lighthouse is still owned by the Coast Guard. You can walk the concrete breakwater to get close to the lighthouse.  

Learn More

Sand Point

(Escanaba)

The 1867 lighthouse has been restored by the Delta County Historical Society and is open for tours Memorial Day through Labor Day.

Learn More

Ilse Royale

The 1875 lighthouse is located on Menagerie Island and while it is located within the Isle Royale National Park it is still owned and operated by the US Coast Guard, and thus not open to the public. Since no Park boats currently pass near the lighthouse, views are only available from a private boat.

Learn More

Sand Point

(Escanaba)

The 1867 lighthouse has been restored by the Delta County Historical Society and is open for tours Memorial Day through Labor Day.

Learn More

Rock Harbor

The restored 1856 lighthouse is part of Isle Royale National Park and open to the public. Access by private boat or tours on the MV Sandy leave Rock Harbor Lodge Thu & Sat. Call 906-337-4993 summer, or 866-644-2003 winter

Learn More

Sand Point

(Escanaba)

The 1867 lighthouse has been restored by the Delta County Historical Society and is open for tours Memorial Day through Labor Day.

Learn More

Passage Island

The 1882 lighthouse is owned by the US Coast Guard and is not open to the public. Access by private boat, or tours on the MV Sandy leave Rock Harbor Lodge Mon and Fri. Call 906-337-4993 summer

Learn More

Sand Point

(Escanaba)

The 1867 lighthouse has been restored by the Delta County Historical Society and is open for tours Memorial Day through Labor Day.

Learn More

PieIsland

established in 1895, the station was abandoned in 1953. On an isolated island off Thunder Bay, the only way to see this lighthouse is by private or charter boat.

Learn More

Sand Point

(Escanaba)

The 1867 lighthouse has been restored by the Delta County Historical Society and is open for tours Memorial Day through Labor Day.

Learn More

Angus Island

Established in 1927 to work in conjunction with Trowbridge Island light, the lighthouse is now maintained by the Coast Guard, the only way to see this lighthouse is by private or charter boat.

Learn More

Sand Point

(Escanaba)

The 1867 lighthouse has been restored by the Delta County Historical Society and is open for tours Memorial Day through Labor Day.

Learn More

Trowbridge Island

- Established in 1924 to serve as the leading light into Thunder Bay, the lighthouse is now maintained by the Coast Guard, the only way to see this lighthouse is by private or charter boat.

Learn More

Sand Point

(Escanaba)

The 1867 lighthouse has been restored by the Delta County Historical Society and is open for tours Memorial Day through Labor Day.

Learn More

Welcome Island

Established as the final leading light into Thunder Bay the light was established in 1906 and rebuilt in 1959. On an isolated island in Thunder Bay, the only way to see this lighthouse is by private or charter boat

Learn More

Sand Point

(Escanaba)

The 1867 lighthouse has been restored by the Delta County Historical Society and is open for tours Memorial Day through Labor Day.

Learn More

Thunder Bay Main

built to mark the outer end of the breakwater off the twin ports of Port Willam & Port Arthur in 1937, the breakwater is detached from shore so the only way to see this lighthouse is by private or charter boat


Learn More

Sand Point

(Escanaba)

The 1867 lighthouse has been restored by the Delta County Historical Society and is open for tours Memorial Day through Labor Day.

Learn More

Porphyry Point

Built in 1960 to replace an 1873 light, now maintained by the Coast Guard, the only way to see this lighthouse is by private or charter boat.

Learn More

Sand Point

(Escanaba)

The 1867 lighthouse has been restored by the Delta County Historical Society and is open for tours Memorial Day through Labor Day.

Learn More

Shaganash Island

Built in 1922 to replace the burned 1910 light, Shaganash light marks the marks the inside passage along the North Channel.

Learn More

Sand Point

(Escanaba)

The 1867 lighthouse has been restored by the Delta County Historical Society and is open for tours Memorial Day through Labor Day.

Learn More

Lamb Island

Established in 1877 as a guide into the western entrance to Nipigon Bay, the lighthouse was moved to the skeletal tower in 1961. Maintained by the Coast Guard, the only way to see this lighthouse is by private or charter boat.

Learn More

Sand Point

(Escanaba)

The 1867 lighthouse has been restored by the Delta County Historical Society and is open for tours Memorial Day through Labor Day.

Learn More

Battle Island

Built in 1911 to replace an 1873 light, Battle Island is remote, rugged and beautiful. Maintained by the Coast Guard, the only way to see this lighthouse is by private or charter boat from Rossport.

Learn More

Sand Point

(Escanaba)

The 1867 lighthouse has been restored by the Delta County Historical Society and is open for tours Memorial Day through Labor Day.

Learn More

The Slates

Another of Ontario's 1903 lighthouses, the Stales Islands are home to Ontario's largest heard of woodland caribou. Maintained by the Coast Guard, the only way to see this lighthouse is by private or charter boat.

Learn More

Sand Point

(Escanaba)

The 1867 lighthouse has been restored by the Delta County Historical Society and is open for tours Memorial Day through Labor Day.

Learn More

Otter Island

Established in 1903, this concrete lighthouse is now part of Pukaskwa National Park. Maintained by the Coast Guard, the only way to see this lighthouse is by private or charter boat.

Learn More

Sand Point

(Escanaba)

The 1867 lighthouse has been restored by the Delta County Historical Society and is open for tours Memorial Day through Labor Day.

Learn More

Michipcoten Island

East End

One of Canada's impressive "flying buttress" reinforced concrete towers, the 1912 light station is located in Michipicoten Island Provincial Park. Maintained by the Coast Guard, the only way to see this lighthouse is by private or charter boat.

Learn More

Sand Point

(Escanaba)

The 1867 lighthouse has been restored by the Delta County Historical Society and is open for tours Memorial Day through Labor Day.

Learn More

Davieaux Island

Established in 1872 and rebuilt as a concrete tower in 1911, the station is located in Michipicoten Island Provincial Park. Maintained by the Coast Guard, the only way to see this lighthouse is by private or charter boat.

Learn More

Sand Point

(Escanaba)

The 1867 lighthouse has been restored by the Delta County Historical Society and is open for tours Memorial Day through Labor Day.

Learn More

Caribou Island

Built in 1912 to replace a deteriorating 1886 structure, the lighthouse is owned by the Canadian Department of Marine & Fisheries, the only way to see this lighthouse is by private or charter boat.

Learn More

Sand Point

(Escanaba)

The 1867 lighthouse has been restored by the Delta County Historical Society and is open for tours Memorial Day through Labor Day.

Learn More

Coppermine Point

Built in 1910 and abandoned in the 1960's. The lighthouse was sold and relocated to a restaurant at Hibbard Bay. While it is not open to the public the structure still stands next to the restaurant.

Learn More

Sand Point

(Escanaba)

The 1867 lighthouse has been restored by the Delta County Historical Society and is open for tours Memorial Day through Labor Day.

Learn More

Corbeil Point

Built in 1931 to replace an aging 1873 structure. Now owned by the Batchewana First Nation of Ojibway, the grounds are open to the public.

Learn More

Sand Point

(Escanaba)

The 1867 lighthouse has been restored by the Delta County Historical Society and is open for tours Memorial Day through Labor Day.

Learn More

Ile Parisienne

Built in 1912, the lighthouse marks the Canadian side of the shipping channel leading to The Soo. Owned by the Canadian Department of Marine & Fisheries, the only way to see this lighthouse is by private or charter boat.

Learn More

Sand Point

(Escanaba)

The 1867 lighthouse has been restored by the Delta County Historical Society and is open for tours Memorial Day through Labor Day.

Learn More

Gros Cap Reef

Built in 1962 to replace a lightship, this lighthouse rendered the Point Iroquois lighthouse obsolete. Owned by the Canadian Department of Marine & Fisheries, the only way to see this lighthouse is by private or charter boat.

Learn More

Sand Point

(Escanaba)

The 1867 lighthouse has been restored by the Delta County Historical Society and is open for tours Memorial Day through Labor Day.

Learn More

Pointe aux Pins

Range

Built in 1875 to guide mariners out of the St. Marys River towards Whitefish Bay, the front range consisted of a short “pepper pot” style light and the rear light a wooden tower attached to the keepers dwelling. The rear range was replaced by a steel tower in 1975. The original front range is still stranding and can be seen by private or charter boat.

Learn More

Sand Point

(Escanaba)

The 1867 lighthouse has been restored by the Delta County Historical Society and is open for tours Memorial Day through Labor Day.

Learn More

Ashland Breakwater

Work began on construction of a breakwater at Ashland in 1893. With construction and elongation complete, this reinforced concrete light was erected on the breakwater’s outer end in 1915, and lighted by a submarine cable from shore. Since the breakwater is not attached to shore, the only way to obtain a close up view of this light is by private or charter boat.  

Learn More

Sand Point

(Escanaba)

The 1867 lighthouse has been restored by the Delta County Historical Society and is open for tours Memorial Day through Labor Day.

Learn More

Duluth Buoy Depot

With the 11th District covering all three western lakes, a depot was needed in which to store buoys, kerosene & other supplies for use on Lake Superior. Built in 1905 the depot featured this large fireproof warehouse, a dock and a depot keepers dwelling. The building is still standing, and can be seen a few hundred feet south of the ruins of the Minnesota Point tower.

Learn More

Sand Point

(Escanaba)

The 1867 lighthouse has been restored by the Delta County Historical Society and is open for tours Memorial Day through Labor Day.

Learn More