Please Make A Donation


Lighthouses Resources
Online Store Contact Us Home

Open to the public

Not open to the public

DeWattville Rear Range Pigeon Island

Niagara On The Lake

Sodus Outer Fort Niagara Charlotte Genesee Braddock Point Oak Orchard Thirty Mile Point Olcott Sodus Point Osweho West Pierhead Selkirk Stony Point Galloo Island Cole Shoal Rear Range Horse Island Tibbetts Point Cape Vincent Breakwater Rock Island Sunken Rock Sisters Island

Visit our Gift Shop in Mackinaw City at 707 N. Huron Ave. - Right across the street from Old Mackinac Point Lighthouse

Contact:  Tel (231) 436-5580    Fax (231) 436-5466  Mail  PO Box 219, Mackinaw City, MI 49701  Email  info@gllka.com

#top

Waugoshance

The 1851 lighthouse was abandoned in 1913, and is now owned by the Waugoshance Lighthouse Preservation Society, and is easiest seen on Shepler’s westbound lighthouse cruises out of Mackinaw City.

Learn More

Hover over a map marker to see the name of the light and click the marker to open a window containing additional information

Crossover Island Ogdensburg Harbor Windmill Point Prescott Heritage Visitor Centre Prescott Heritage Harbour Cole Shoal Front Range Québec Head Knapp's Point Nine Mile Point East Charity Shoal Main Duck Island False Ducks (new) Prince Edward Point False Ducks (old) Point Petre Salmon Point Scotch Bonnet Island Presqu'île Point Cobourg East Pierhead Toronto Harbour Gibraltar Point Toronto Queen's Wharf Toronto East Entrance Outer Toronto East Entrance Inner Oakville Burlington Main Burlington Canal Pierhead Port Weller Outer Port Dalhousie Rear Range Port Dalhoiusie Front Range Niagara River Front Range Niagara River Rear Range

Burlington

Toronto

Cobourg

Brighton

Belleville

Kingston

Prescott

Cape Vincent

Sacketts Harbor

Pulaski

Oswego

Rochester

Oclott Beach

Back (history) Back (history)

Crossover Island

The Crossover Island light station was established in 1848. The station was completely rebuilt to its current configuration in 1899. The island and lighthouse is privately owned. Distant views can be obtained from Riveredge Road, but the best view can be obtained from private or charter boat, or from one of the tour boats that operate out of Alexandria Bay.

Sand Point

(Escanaba)

The 1867 lighthouse has been restored by the Delta County Historical Society and is open for tours Memorial Day through Labor Day.

Learn More
Learn More

Ogdensburg Harbor

The first light at Ogdensburg was built in 1834. A rubble stone structure, it deteriorated and was rebuilt in 1871. In 1900, the height of the tower was increased to its present 65 feet. The lighthouse is now privately owned, and is best seen by private or charter boat from the river.  

Sand Point

(Escanaba)

The 1867 lighthouse has been restored by the Delta County Historical Society and is open for tours Memorial Day through Labor Day.

Learn More
Learn More

Sisters Island

Built in 1870, the Sisters Island lighthouse is now privately owned. While distant views can be obtained from shore, the best views of this light are obtained by private or charter boat, or from one of the river cruises which operate out of Alexandria Bay.

Sand Point

(Escanaba)

The 1867 lighthouse has been restored by the Delta County Historical Society and is open for tours Memorial Day through Labor Day.

Learn More
Learn More

Sunken Rock

Established in 1847, the lighthouse was rebuilt to its current configuration in 1882 While distant views can be obtained from shore, the best views of this light are obtained by private or charter boat, or from one of the river cruises which operate out of Alexandria Bay.

Sand Point

(Escanaba)

The 1867 lighthouse has been restored by the Delta County Historical Society and is open for tours Memorial Day through Labor Day.

Learn More

Rock Island

Established in 1847, the lighthouse was rebuilt to its current configuration in 1903. Owned by New York Parks and recently restored, the lighthouse can be accessed throughout the summer season through tours offered by Clayton Island Tours operating out of the nearby village of  Clayton.

Sand Point

(Escanaba)

The 1867 lighthouse has been restored by the Delta County Historical Society and is open for tours Memorial Day through Labor Day.

Cape Vincent

Breakwater

Established in 1901 as post lights, the breakwater at Cape Vincent was upgraded to a pair of square timber beacons in 1904. After the lights were removed, one of them was saved and moved to the municipal building on Route 12E on the north side of Cape Vincent where it can be seen to this day.

Sand Point

(Escanaba)

The 1867 lighthouse has been restored by the Delta County Historical Society and is open for tours Memorial Day through Labor Day.

Learn More

Tibbetts Point

Established in 1854 to serve as the eastern leading light into the St. Lawrence River from Lake Ontario. The town of Cape Vincent acquired the lighthouse in 1991 and it is preserved and interpreted by the Tibbetts Point Lighthouse Society, who open it to the public throughout the summer season

Sand Point

(Escanaba)

The 1867 lighthouse has been restored by the Delta County Historical Society and is open for tours Memorial Day through Labor Day.

Learn More
Learn More

Horse Island

Built to guide mariners into Sacketts Harbor, the first lighthouse on Horse Island was established in 1831. Construction of a new lighthouse was completed in 1871. In order to increase its visibility the tower was increased in height by a 10’ addition beneath the lantern in 1899. The island and lighthouse are  privately owned. Because of the trees on the island, only the top of the tower can be seen from a boat.

Sand Point

(Escanaba)

The 1867 lighthouse has been restored by the Delta County Historical Society and is open for tours Memorial Day through Labor Day.

Stony Point

Built to 1838, construction of a new lighthouse was completed in 1869. In order to increase its visibility the tower was increased in height by a 10’ addition beneath the lantern in 1901. The lighthouse is now privately owned, but good views can be had from Lighthouse Road immediately behind the lighthouse.

Sand Point

(Escanaba)

The 1867 lighthouse has been restored by the Delta County Historical Society and is open for tours Memorial Day through Labor Day.

Galloo Island

Built to 1820,, construction of a replacement limestone lighthouse was completed in 1867. The lighthouse is now privately owned and can only be viewed from a private or charter boat.

Sand Point

(Escanaba)

The 1867 lighthouse has been restored by the Delta County Historical Society and is open for tours Memorial Day through Labor Day.

East Charity Shoal

A buoy was placed on the shoal in 1900. In 1934, a more permanent solution was created when the old pier light from Vermilion on Lake Erie was placed on a concrete pier and base on the shoal. The light is only visible from private or charter boat.

Sand Point

(Escanaba)

The 1867 lighthouse has been restored by the Delta County Historical Society and is open for tours Memorial Day through Labor Day.

Learn More

Selkirk

The lighthouse was established at what was then known as Salmon River in 1838. Salmon River never flourished, and the lighthouse was deactivated in 1859. The lighthouse is now owned by the adjacent marina which operates the building as a hotel/b&b. Close up views can be had from Lake Street which passes close in front.

Sand Point

(Escanaba)

The 1867 lighthouse has been restored by the Delta County Historical Society and is open for tours Memorial Day through Labor Day.

Oswego West

Pierhead

There have been a series of lights marking the entrance to Oswego harbor since the first was established in 1821. The most recent, and only one standing to this day, is the Oswego West Pierhead light which was built in 1934. It is possible to walk out the 1.26 mile pier from the power company, but the best way to see this light is by private or charter boat.

Sand Point

(Escanaba)

The 1867 lighthouse has been restored by the Delta County Historical Society and is open for tours Memorial Day through Labor Day.

Sodus Point

The first shore light to guide the way into Sodus Bay was established on Sodus Point in 1824 and was replaced by this limestone structure in 1871. The lighthouse was transferred to the city in 1984. The Sodus Bay Historical Society now preserves and operates the lighthouse as a maritime museum and it is open to the public throughout the summer season.

Sand Point

(Escanaba)

The 1867 lighthouse has been restored by the Delta County Historical Society and is open for tours Memorial Day through Labor Day.

Sodus Outer

The first light established on the piers at Sodus Bay was built in 1837. The existing structure was erected in 1938. You can walk out the pier to obtain close up views of the light.

Sand Point

(Escanaba)

The 1867 lighthouse has been restored by the Delta County Historical Society and is open for tours Memorial Day through Labor Day.

Braddock Point

The decision to establish a coast light in the area was first made in 1889. With the old Cleveland main light obsolete, the materials for the lantern and stairs were carefully saved and shipped to Braddock Point and used in the construction of the new lighthouse there in 1896. The lighthouse is now privately owned and operates as a bed & breakfast Inn. Good views can be had from Clearview Avenue which runs behind the lighthouse.

Sand Point

(Escanaba)

The 1867 lighthouse has been restored by the Delta County Historical Society and is open for tours Memorial Day through Labor Day.

Oak Orchard

A pierhead beacon was originally established as a guide into Oak Orchard harbor in 1871. The lighthouse was swept from the pier in a storm in 1916 and not replaced. In 2004, the Oak Orchard Lighthouse Museum raised the funds required to erect a replica of the 1871 light on shore, which was dedicated in 2010. The replica is located on the east bank of the river and you can drive to the end of Ontario street walk right up to the lighthouse.  

Sand Point

(Escanaba)

The 1867 lighthouse has been restored by the Delta County Historical Society and is open for tours Memorial Day through Labor Day.

Learn More

Charlotte-Genesee

The first light to lead the way into the harbor at Rochester was established in 1822 and its dwelling was razed and rebuilt in 1863. The lighthouse was transferred to Monroe County in 1994 and the  Charlotte Genesee Lighthouse Historical Society preserves and interprets the property as a maritime museum which is open to the public throughout the summer season.

Sand Point

(Escanaba)

The 1867 lighthouse has been restored by the Delta County Historical Society and is open for tours Memorial Day through Labor Day.

Learn More
Learn More

Thirty Mile Point

Thirty Mile Point light station was established in 1875 to serve as an interim coast light for vessels coasting along Lake Ontario’s southern shore. Decommissioned in 1958, the station was abandoned until 1995 when the  Friends of Thirty Mile Point Lighthouse of took over its preservation and interpretation and opens the station for tours throughout the summer season.

Sand Point

(Escanaba)

The 1867 lighthouse has been restored by the Delta County Historical Society and is open for tours Memorial Day through Labor Day.

Learn More
Learn More

Olcott

A beacon was established on the west pier at Olcott in 1873. The lighthouse was replaced by a steel post in 1930 and the beacon was relocated to the Olcott yacht club where it stood until it was dismantled in 1963. the Olcott Lighthouse Society was formed and funds were raised to erect a replica of the lighthouse at the north end of Lockport Street in 2003. It is open during the summer as a visitor information center.

Sand Point

(Escanaba)

The 1867 lighthouse has been restored by the Delta County Historical Society and is open for tours Memorial Day through Labor Day.

Learn More
Learn More

Fort Niagara

The fort at the entrance to the Niagara River has changed hands a number of times over the years. The British were the first to erect a lantern on the roof of the fort in 1781. The existing limestone tower and dwelling were built just outsider the fort in 1872. The Old Fort Niagara Association now maintains the structures in the fort. The grounds are open and the lighthouse is sometimes opened for public tours.

Sand Point

(Escanaba)

The 1867 lighthouse has been restored by the Delta County Historical Society and is open for tours Memorial Day through Labor Day.

Learn More
Learn More

Niagara River

Front Range

A set of ranges were established on the Ontario shore at the Lake Ontario entrance to the Niagara River in 1903. The lighthouse is located in the marina at the end of Ricardo Street and is not open to the public. Views can be obtained from just outside the marina.  

Sand Point

(Escanaba)

The 1867 lighthouse has been restored by the Delta County Historical Society and is open for tours Memorial Day through Labor Day.

Learn More
Learn More

Niagara River

Rear Range

A set of ranges were established on the Ontario shore at the Lake Ontario entrance to the Niagara River in 1903. The lighthouse is located on Ricardo Street upriver from the front range.

Sand Point

(Escanaba)

The 1867 lighthouse has been restored by the Delta County Historical Society and is open for tours Memorial Day through Labor Day.

Learn More
Learn More

Port Weller

Outer Light

As part of a complete reconstruction of the Welland Canal in in 1932 a pair of protective piers were erected at the outer end of the Lake Ontario entry and this concrete structure was erected on the longer west pier. Public assess is blocked by a Coast Guard station so a private or charter boat is the best way to see this light.

Sand Point

(Escanaba)

The 1867 lighthouse has been restored by the Delta County Historical Society and is open for tours Memorial Day through Labor Day.

Learn More
Learn More

Port Dalhousie

Front Range

As the Lake Ontario entry into the original 1829 Welland Canal, the first light was established here in 1852. In 1877 a second light was located further inland to serve as a rear range. After the the lower entry into the Welland Canal was moved to Port Weller in 1932, Port Dalhousie waned in importance. Good views of the light can be had from the piers.

Sand Point

(Escanaba)

The 1867 lighthouse has been restored by the Delta County Historical Society and is open for tours Memorial Day through Labor Day.

Learn More
Learn More

Port Dalhousie

Rear Range

As the Lake Ontario entry into the original 1829 Welland Canal, the first light was established here in 1852. In 1877 a second light was located further inland to serve as a rear range. After the the lower entry into the Welland Canal was moved to Port Weller in 1932, Port Dalhousie waned in importance. Good views of the light can be had from the piers.

Sand Point

(Escanaba)

The 1867 lighthouse has been restored by the Delta County Historical Society and is open for tours Memorial Day through Labor Day.

Learn More
Learn More

Burlington

Canal Main

A sand bar known locally as “The Beach” spread across the entrance to Hamilton harbor and in 1826 a canal was excavated through to open the harbor. While a wooden tower was erected at the canal in 1837, it was not until 1857 that this permanent stone lighthouse was erected. You can access the grounds from Eastport Drive.

Sand Point

(Escanaba)

The 1867 lighthouse has been restored by the Delta County Historical Society and is open for tours Memorial Day through Labor Day.

Learn More
Learn More

Burlington

Canal Pierhead

After the canal was cut through “The Beach” in 1826, piers were erected to improve safe entry. The first wooden light was established on the east pier in 1845. It and its successors burned from hot ash from passing steamers. The current concrete structure was erected in 1961, and can easily be accessed from the pier.

Sand Point

(Escanaba)

The 1867 lighthouse has been restored by the Delta County Historical Society and is open for tours Memorial Day through Labor Day.

Learn More
Learn More

Oakville

The first light established at Oakville in 1837 was destroyed by a storm in 1886 and the new light was erected. The lighthouse was rendered obsolete in 1960 and was moved to the Oakville Yacht Squadron where it can be seen at the end of Forsythe Street

Sand Point

(Escanaba)

The 1867 lighthouse has been restored by the Delta County Historical Society and is open for tours Memorial Day through Labor Day.

Learn More
Learn More

Toronto East

Gap Inner

Originally located to mark the entrance into Toronto Harbour through the East Gap, these lights were relocated to the Mimico Cruising Club in Humber Bay Park West. Views can be had from outside the club grounds at the end of Humber Park Road West.    

Sand Point

(Escanaba)

The 1867 lighthouse has been restored by the Delta County Historical Society and is open for tours Memorial Day through Labor Day.

Learn More
Learn More

Toronto East

Gap Outer

Originally located to mark the entrance into Toronto Harbour through the East Gap, these lights were relocated to the Mimico Cruising Club in Humber Bay Park West. Views can be had from outside the club grounds at the end of Humber Park Road West.    

Sand Point

(Escanaba)

The 1867 lighthouse has been restored by the Delta County Historical Society and is open for tours Memorial Day through Labor Day.

Learn More
Learn More

Toronto

Queen’s Wharf

The first light was erected on Toronto’s Queen’s Wharf in 1834. The structure was replaced with the one pictured above in 1859. With man-made land growing around the wharf, it became unusable and was closed in 1829 and the lighthouse moved to a street car turnaround at the intersection of Fleet Street and Lakeshore Boulevard, where good close up views can easily be obtained.

Sand Point

(Escanaba)

The 1867 lighthouse has been restored by the Delta County Historical Society and is open for tours Memorial Day through Labor Day.

Learn More
Learn More

Gibraltar Point

Construction of the lighthouse was completed in 1808 and that structure still stands on “the island” today. While the lighthouse is not open to the public, the grounds are open at all times. Take one of the frequent ferries to the island and walk to the lighthouse for close up views.


Sand Point

(Escanaba)

The 1867 lighthouse has been restored by the Delta County Historical Society and is open for tours Memorial Day through Labor Day.

Learn More
Learn More

Toronto Harbour

Toronto Island has changed dramatically over the years, not the least of which was the creation of the Leslie Street Spit and Thommy Thompson Park which was created from landfill in the 1930’s. The light was established in 1974 to mark the eastern end of the spit. Best reached by bicycle from the outer end of Leslie Street or by private or charter boat.

Sand Point

(Escanaba)

The 1867 lighthouse has been restored by the Delta County Historical Society and is open for tours Memorial Day through Labor Day.

Learn More
Learn More

Cobourg

East Pierhead

Located approximately half way between Toronto and Kingston, Cobourg served as an important harbor of refuge and the first government lighthouse was established here in 1844. The was replaced with a typical Dominion “pepper pot” light on the pier in 1876. The present reinforced concrete structure was erected in 1915. Take Division street to its western end and you can drive onto the pier for a short walk out to the light.

Sand Point

(Escanaba)

The 1867 lighthouse has been restored by the Delta County Historical Society and is open for tours Memorial Day through Labor Day.

Learn More
Learn More

Presqu'île Point

Built in 1838 from local limestone, at 69 feet tall the Presqu'île Point lighthouse provided a commanding location for its catoptric light. Concerned that the masonry was failing as a result of its exposed position the tower was sheathed with shingles in 1894. Now located in Presqu'île Park, you can follow Paxton road from the park entrance all the way out to the parking lot near the lighthouse to view the tower.

Sand Point

(Escanaba)

The 1867 lighthouse has been restored by the Delta County Historical Society and is open for tours Memorial Day through Labor Day.

Learn More
Learn More

Scotch Bonnet Island

A low rocky outcropping sometimes at times virtually submerged, Scotch Bonnet Island represented a real hazard to mariners coasting along Lake Ontario’s northern shore. To mark the hazard a limestone tower and dwelling were established on the island in 1856. Automated with an acetylene system in 1812, the lighthouse was abandoned. Time has not been good to the light, and it is in an advanced state of decay. Located three miles from the mainland, a private or charter boat is the only way to see this light

Sand Point

(Escanaba)

The 1867 lighthouse has been restored by the Delta County Historical Society and is open for tours Memorial Day through Labor Day.

Learn More
Learn More

Salmon Point

Originally known as Wicked Point because of a number of wrecks which occurred on the spit that extends from the point, the lighthouse was established in 1871. Decommissioned in 1917, the lighthouse was sold a few days later. While the lighthouse was recently part of a campground and could be rented for stays, this no longer appears to be the case as the road to the lighthouse is gated and locked. As such, a private or charter boat is the best way to see the light.

Sand Point

(Escanaba)

The 1867 lighthouse has been restored by the Delta County Historical Society and is open for tours Memorial Day through Labor Day.

Learn More
Learn More

Point Petre

The first lighthouse to mark Point Petre was built in 1833 and was a duplicate of the Nine Mile Point lighthouse off Kingston built that same year. Electrified in 1960, this new structure was built in 1968 and the historic 1833  lighthouse sadly demolished. You can drive out Route 24 to Point Petre Road and thence all the way to the lighthouse.

Sand Point

(Escanaba)

The 1867 lighthouse has been restored by the Delta County Historical Society and is open for tours Memorial Day through Labor Day.

Learn More
Learn More

Prince Edward Point

The lighthouse on Prince Edward Point was established in 1881 to guide mariners to Point Traverse Harbor and around the shoals which lay beneath the water between the point and the False Duck Islands. Automated in 1941 when the light was moved to a steel skeletal tower, time has not been kind to the aging wood structure. You can drive out Long Point road to Traverse lane and then walk around the bay to the lighthouse.

Sand Point

(Escanaba)

The 1867 lighthouse has been restored by the Delta County Historical Society and is open for tours Memorial Day through Labor Day.

Learn More
Learn More

False Ducks (new)

A lighthouse  was established to mark the False Ducks Islands in 1828. Consisting of a stone tower standing 73 feet tall, the light served until 1965 when it was replaced by a modern 60 foot tall hexagonal reinforced concrete tower with a unique “airport tower” lantern. The following summer the old 1828 tower was demolished. Thankfully, the lantern was saved and moved to South Maysburgh where it was placed atop a new shortest stone tower. The False Duck light is approximately 4 miles out from Prince Edward Point from where a distant view can be obtained. Close views require a private or charter boat.

Sand Point

(Escanaba)

The 1867 lighthouse has been restored by the Delta County Historical Society and is open for tours Memorial Day through Labor Day.

Learn More
Learn More

False Ducks (old)

The year after the new concrete light tower was built on False Ducks in 1965, the old 1828 tower was demolished. Fortunately, the Prince Edward Historical Society managed to convince the Canadian Coast Guard to save the historic lantern, and it was transported to Port Milford where it was placed on a short stone tower erected by the South Marysburgh council in the historic park. You can drive right into the park and see the structure up close near the intersection of Routes 10 and 13.

Sand Point

(Escanaba)

The 1867 lighthouse has been restored by the Delta County Historical Society and is open for tours Memorial Day through Labor Day.

Learn More
Learn More

Main Duck Island

Main Duck Island light station was erected in 1914. Consisting of an 80 foot reinforced concrete tower, fog signal building of similar construction and a large duplex dwelling. Since it is located 12 miles off Prince Edward Point, the only way to see this lighthouse is by private or charter boat.

Sand Point

(Escanaba)

The 1867 lighthouse has been restored by the Delta County Historical Society and is open for tours Memorial Day through Labor Day.

Learn More
Learn More

Pigeon Island

The first lighthouse on Pigeon Island was established in 1870 and consisted of a structure which strongly resembled a clapboard church. The station was replaced by a 64 foot skeletal iron tower in 1909. Still an active aid to navigation, the light is serviced by Coast Guard helicopter. Located 4 miles from the western point of Wolfe Island the light can only be seen from private or charter boat.

Sand Point

(Escanaba)

The 1867 lighthouse has been restored by the Delta County Historical Society and is open for tours Memorial Day through Labor Day.

Learn More
Learn More

Nine Mile Point

Nine Mile point lighthouse serves as the principal leading light into Kingston from  the west, and was established in 1833. Automated in 1978, the original tower still stands and serves as an active aid to navigation. Located on Simcoe Island, there is a ferry which goes to Simcoe from Wolfe Island during the summer season, but because the lighthouse is fenced and surrounded by private property the best views are obtained from a private or charter boat.

Sand Point

(Escanaba)

The 1867 lighthouse has been restored by the Delta County Historical Society and is open for tours Memorial Day through Labor Day.

Learn More
Learn More

Knapp’s Point

Established in 1874, the 28-foot tall light on Knapp Point was built to help guide mariners into Kingston Harbor. Located on the northernmost point of Wolfe Island, the island can be accessed by ferry from Kingston or Cape Vincent. 10th Line Rd and then Lighthouse Lane will get you close to the lighthouse, but better views are obtained from the water by private or charter boat.

Sand Point

(Escanaba)

The 1867 lighthouse has been restored by the Delta County Historical Society and is open for tours Memorial Day through Labor Day.

Learn More
Learn More

Québec Head

The lighthouse was built on the eastern end of Wolfe Island in 1861 to mark the route to Kingston to the north and Lake Ontario to the south. A short 20-foot tall “pepper pot” style structure. Electrified in 1954, the lantern was removed in 1971 and an acrylic light installed atop the tower stub which still serves as an active aid to navigation. The owners of the land around the lighthouse have built a replica of the Thomas Point Shoal light as their summer cottage behind the old tower. Because it is surrounded by private property a private or charter boat is needed to see this light  

Sand Point

(Escanaba)

The 1867 lighthouse has been restored by the Delta County Historical Society and is open for tours Memorial Day through Labor Day.

Learn More
Learn More

Cole Shoal

Front Range

Erected to mark a rocky shoal which lay in the river off property owned by the Cole family 1860, the light was located on a stone base on top of the shoal. A second light was established on the bluff in 1917 to serve as a rear range. Deactivated in 1923, the lantern was subsequently removed. While distant views from shore, a private or charter boat is the best way to see this little light

Sand Point

(Escanaba)

The 1867 lighthouse has been restored by the Delta County Historical Society and is open for tours Memorial Day through Labor Day.

Learn More
Learn More

Cole Shoal

Rear Range

Erected in 1917 to serve as a rear range to the 1860 Cole Shoal light, the range was deactivated in 1923 and the lantern removed. Now privately owned, the owners have installed a large octagonal room from which they can watch traffic passing in the river below. You can drive down Fulford Point Road to see the lighthouse above the road.

Sand Point

(Escanaba)

The 1867 lighthouse has been restored by the Delta County Historical Society and is open for tours Memorial Day through Labor Day.

Learn More
Learn More

De Wattville

Rear Range

Erected in 1927 to serve as a guide through Brockville Narrows, the structure serves as a rear range to a modern “sewer pipe” light in a tiny rocky island in the river below. The structure is surrounded by private property and can only be seen from private or charter boat of from one of the river cruises offered of the area.

Sand Point

(Escanaba)

The 1867 lighthouse has been restored by the Delta County Historical Society and is open for tours Memorial Day through Labor Day.

Learn More
Learn More

Prescott Heritage

Visitors’ Centre

Originally located atop the Prescott Lighthouse Depot, a lantern was installed in which to train lighthouse keepers in proper procedures. The lantern was saved when the building was demolished in 1986. The lantern was installed atop a tower built by Rotarians in 1989 and a 3rd order Fresnel lens donated by the Coast Guard was installed. The structure serves as  an ice cream shop and visitor center during the summer.

Sand Point

(Escanaba)

The 1867 lighthouse has been restored by the Delta County Historical Society and is open for tours Memorial Day through Labor Day.

Learn More
Learn More

Prescott Heritage

Harbour

This light is located on the outer stone breakwater which protects Prescott Heritage Harbour, which is the main harbour serving the city of Prescott. A replica light which displays an isophase green flash every two seconds, the light can readily be seen from the marina.

Sand Point

(Escanaba)

The 1867 lighthouse has been restored by the Delta County Historical Society and is open for tours Memorial Day through Labor Day.

Learn More
Learn More

Windmill Point

Built in 1822 as a windmill to grind grain, a lantern was added in 1872 and the tower converted into a lighthouse. Its masonry repaired by Parks Canada in 2004, the lighthouse is preserved and interpreted by the Friends Of Windmill Point, and is open for tours throughout the summer season.

Sand Point

(Escanaba)

The 1867 lighthouse has been restored by the Delta County Historical Society and is open for tours Memorial Day through Labor Day.

Learn More
Learn More

Revised 03-26-2014